Diwali is a festival of lights, righteousness , courage, happiness , togetherness and joy. But, covid 19 has been spilling water on our plans for two years now. Do you remember the last time you celebrated a holiday with your family and friends !?..yeah me neither and all thanks to pandemic.
With social distancing and travelling restrictions we are not able to have fun the way we used to but this doesnt mean no fun at all. Unprecedented times required unprecedented measures. So don’t worry guys we have got you covered this DIWALI with the perfect guide to covid friendly diwali celebrations with all the precautions.
- PLEASE DRESS UP GUYS EVEN IF YOU WILL BE AT HOME
F for festival, f for fun and f for fancy. Wear that favourite dress of yours you always wanted to wear, dress up for yourself and get some good clicks. Leave your pajamas and get into those diwali vibes.
Dressing up for yourself helps you to feel good and is a sign of self love. Go for it guys, diwali is not only about people you love but also about you.
Also don’t forget to add a matching gorgeous mask to your attire. Happy dressing up !!
- DECORATE YOUR HOME
Most of us don’t get down to business unless needed. We always find an excuse to escape from cleaning. Let Diwali be the reason for you to clean and decorate your house. Because, Well-decorated houses add oomph to festivities.
Also, Put fresh flowers in that vase of yours in the living room. Wash the curtains, decorate your home with houseplants, make rangoli, light up diyas and candles. Along with that, You can adorn your home with decorative lights; decorate exterior walls with string lights. If you have a garden, decorate it with decorative lights; deck up the big trees with string lights. Pillars can be decorated with flowers and light strings. This Diwali, you can adorn your living room with a chandelier. Moreover, You can also add colours, happiness and positivity to your home amid pandemic through decorating your house on diwali.
- HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Diwali is the time to adore the bonds you share with people. So what if you cant reach them all because of social distancing,you can still have fun with those in the reach:
- Buy them gifts, following all the covid protocols.
- Stay safe, Stay indoor and organize an intimate party set up with close family members
- Groove on some music and eat your favourite food
- Unleash the old memories with them. Go through an old photo album. Recall all your favourites memories from all the past diwali holidays.
- Call or organise a virtual meet with those you cant meet at the moment.
- Binge watch your favourite show or movies
- DONT GO TO SLEEP SAD AND HOPELESS. HAVE FUN UNTIL YOU GET TIRED. DIWALI COMES ONCE IN A YEAR.
Amid all the fun please do not forget about the pandemic. People are losing lives. Its your responsibility to take all the precautions for you and your loved ones.
- Always wear a face mask and carry a hand sanitizer whenever you go outside.
- Avoid going to crowded places. If at all required, avoid congested market places, high traffic areas during the occasion as such areas have poor air quality and more pollution.
- Keep sanitizer away from fire and do not sanitize your hands before lighting up diyas or candles.
Festivity is supposed to bring us happiness and connect us through the common good. Let this Diwali bring you joy and happiness and a reason to look out for others around you, including your family, pets, neighbours and the environment. Have a memorable time and keep safe.
“STAY SAFE AND HAVE FUN THIS DIWALI”