Food is the most compelling underlying cause of one’s existence. Good food is like serving your soul with the divine essence of ambrosia.
Food always remains our top priority when travelling abroad. Do you often find it difficult to make a choice among different food items? To help you out in your food adventures, we have compiled a list of 7 unique words worldwide you can try and have your taste of euphoria.
This food guide can become your best friend as it will help you choose food items to eat while travelling outside the country. So let’s not wait any further and dive into a buffet of treats.
7 Unique dishes around the world:
- Steak and Kidney Pie: Well, does a pie ring any bells to you? Any country which favours pies the most, well, it’s none other than the Brits. In England, pie acts to be a representative dish of British culture and cuisine. This mouthwatering dish is a piquant filling with diced beef, kidney (often lamb, beef, or pork), brown gravy, and fried onion. The dressing is cooked with ale, flavoured beef broth, and cornstarch. There are also unique pastry crusts prepared for the pie, such as puff pastry, hot water crust pastry, and shortcut pastry.
- Paella: This dish is perceived to be one of the most ancient dishes, which has now fused with the modernized touch to meet the elusive standards of the present era. Pertaining from the grassroots of Spain, the recipe for this incredible dish consists of white rice with green beans, meat, butterbeans, snails sprinkled with seasoning of rosemary. The recipe also conjures artichokes during the seasonal preparation of the dish. It is cooked in olive oil to formulate the elicit flavours of heaven.
- Pho: Looking for something less lavish but also having an exquisite taste? Then this dish is for you. Thriving from the origins of Vietnamese culture, this dish is prepared from rice noodles and meat served in broth and topped with herbs. The dish furnishes an elegant fragrance that shall soothe your soul with warmth and delight. A popular street food item in the streets of Vietnam, Pho is a flavourful but balanced meal to conceive.
- Rendang: It is renowned worldwide for the fitting title of the world’s most delicious dish. Rendered from the constituency of Indonesia, this dish is forged through simmering the beef with coconut milk with a compilation of the best of spices, including turmeric, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, chillies, and galangal. The dish is then stewed for a few hours, lending it a tender texture and an exotic taste. Leaving a solitude of flavours in its presence whilst this easy-going is celebrated during the ceremonies.
- Champ: Arising from the spirits of Ireland. This national popularity flavours mashed potato with spring onions, butter, salt and pepper; champ is the perfect side with any meat or fish. For this wholesome goodness of creamy delight, an Irish pub by the seaside around noon sounds about right.
- Massaman Curry: Have an excellent appetite for a flavourful curry? Then this Thai curry shall enlighten your senses with a spectrum of complementing ingredients relished together. Spicy, coconutty, sweet and savoury. Flavours which shall give Michelin dish flavours of doubt. This high proficient quality dish can be easily consumed in the comfort of a lively street corner in Thailand.
- Apfelstrudel: Well, nothing compliments the food construction with a conclusion of the light sweet dessert. An Austrian dish, also known as Apple Strudel, is a famous pastry in Austria projected in an oval strudel pastry cover with scrumptious apple filling inside. The apple filling is prepared with grated apples, cinnamon, sugar, breadcrumbs, and raisins. This delicacy is consumed best when served with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Apfelstrudel can be served accompanied by coffee, tea, or even champagne, which is widely found at Viennese cafes.
Did we get your mouth watering and your taste buds heightened?
Well, then wait no more than, start organizing your food list and go on a food trip as soon as the lockdown lifts, and it’s safe to travel again.
Don’t forget to comment down below your favourite dishes and the dishes that are in your food list and waiting to get explored.